Mindful Movement & Flower Essences
This week the focus is mindfulness through movement. Every week we also explore the healing benefits of flower essences. After the sequences of Qi gong mindful movements in the class, a relaxation meditation time follows. A drop of essence along with a lovely smelling flower blend is placed on the hand to enjoy the deep healing effects of aromatherapy. We connect with the healing frequency of remedies in the lying down meditation during the singing bowls relaxation. The essence remedy is a blend of Yew (Irish Ogham Tree Essences), Honeysuckle (Bach Flower Remedies) and Sturt Desert Pea (Australian Bush Flower Remedies).
Mindfulness through movement:
Quieting the mind can be challenging at times, like trying to catch a butterfly! 'In the practice of Qi Gong, quieting the mind is achieved in and through the body. This is because your body is always in the present moment, always right here. Pay attention to the body and the mind enters the present moment. To be mindful is to be embodied. The mind can flutter from past to future, from this thought to that. To stabilize the mind, the ancients remind us to pay attention to the activities of the body. Through breath, energy, movement, and relaxation, we enter into a deep, rich experience of the present moment. This practice is based on Qi Gong, an ancient system of moving meditation. Qi Gong mirrors the movements of nature. The river flowing down the mountain, the trees growing up towards the light in the sky, the bird soaring gracefully overhead, give us guidance in how to direct our attention and internal energy. Qi means “life-force energy” and Gong means “skill” or “to work with”. This practice gives us tools and resources to work with the energy of the mind and body so that we live with more presence, more passion, and more vitality.'
- Info referenced from Holden Qi Gong, Santa Cruz, USA.
Flower Essence Blend:
1. Yew Tree
3. Sturt Desert Pea
1. Yew Tree (from the Irish Ogham Trees):
- releases exhaustion, mental anguish and sadness
- nourishes love and openness, trusting life's journey and courage
- message from the tree is that love will support you through transformation, face the cycles of life with an open heart
- more info here https://www.beoandbe.com/yew
2. Honeysuckle (from the Bach Flower Remedies):
- helps you to live in the present rather than the past. The negative state keeps a person "stuck" in the past - unable and unwilling to accept the changes of present life, and expecting nothing good to come from the future.
- it helps to release these negative loops, bringing in freedom from the past and vitality for new beginnings, with renewed hope for the future - like Spring emerging from the Winter's ice.
3. Sturt Desert Pea (from the Australian Bush Flower Essences):
- releases, emotional pain, deep hurt and sadness
- helps letting go and healthy grieving
- releases deep held grief and sadness
Weekly Flower Essence Blend
The weekly flower essence blend is available on request:
Contact Brenda for more info 0872752123.