Gloomy, depressed, circling thoughts, karmic issues or difficult times.
Balancing Influences from the Tree:
Blackthorn will bring acceptance, help deal with adversity, clear your mind, feel protected and bring cheerfulness.
Qualities & Traits of the Blackthorn Essence – ‘The Protector’:
- ruled by the moon, and so the personality holds hands with many of the mystical aspects of the lunar realm.
- highly creative, intuitive (highly psychic people are born under this sign) and intelligent.
- keen understanding of cycles, and you inherently know that every situation has a season.
- realistic perspective of things, and also causes you to be more patient than most tree signs.
- With your intelligence comes a natural ability to retain knowledge and you often impress your company with the ability to expound on subjects from memory. - bursting with potential, but have a tendency to hold themselves back for fear of appearing flamboyant or overindulgent.
- It is your powers of perception that ultimately allow your true nature to shine, and what leads you to success in life.
From www.oghamtrees.com, by Ian Claxton, founder of the Irish Ogham Trees:
'The blackthorn is not all bad. On the contrary, the Celts observed that this tree produced some of the sweetest berries among the sacred tribe of trees. However, these berries were at their most succulent and sweetest after a hard frost. Here again we see symbolism of strife - but in this light we are shown that the blessing comes after the challenge.
In this way the blackthorn shows us that our very best fruits sometimes come after trials, setbacks and tribulations. We would do well to keep this in mind as we are in the midst of our challenges. We will come out on the other side better and sweeter than we were before.
Furthermore, the blackthorn is a message that preparation is often the best solution for any difficulty. When we encounter the blackthorn in our experience, (either in our nature walks or by oracle), it is a time to honor the bounty we already have, and take practical measures to button up any loose ends we might trip over in the future. The message of the blackthorn should not be observed as all gloom. Rather, it can be a message of opportunity if we embrace our experiences as an avenue for growth.
Don't stop grooving through the groves!